Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jonah turns 19 months old

This is the first post I have done without a picture, but for the sake of time and falling behind again on posting I had to check in and share some of the daily "goings on" of the Allen household.

Let's first start with some happy things. Portland has been blessed with incredible weather over the past week. The type of weather that makes you feel like anything is possible!

The not so happy event was that Jonah caught a horrible virus starting this past Tuesday and it has finally simmered itself. The poor kiddo has temperatures ranging from 101-104 pretty consistently up until Saturday. Motrin was the only thing that kept his temperature down. Thank goodness for the amazing weather because we were not totally cooped up at home, or otherwise we would have really lost our minds. Though, at times I swore we had. I am definitely grateful that the virus is behind us all.

But, thanks to the support of my parents and my loving and amazing husband we managed to come out of the week alive. Okay, well that is a bit dramatic, but it wrecked us.

Let's lighten up the mood Joelle. Okay! I thought I would share some of the sweet words Jonah is saying, because he has been somewhat a late talker amongst his peers. Thus, why we have all been so grateful for sign language.

His word list; recent favorite, HI (and he says it to cute girls with a big smile), ball, boat, boot, bird, blue, duck, quack quack, goat, snake (sounds like nake), jonah (sounds like nu-nah), mama, dada, nana, papa (PA-PA!), more...that's all I can think of now.

But, his first word outside of mama and dada was when Jonah and I were walking with friends at the Rhododendron Gardens and as we approached the ducks, he said "Duck" completely on his own, and then the next day we say a goat and he said "Goat" once again on his own.

Let's see...what else. Jonah loves his slide that his great grandma hilda got for him. He will go up and down it I swear a hundred times a day. He loves to color with crayons, finger paint, to stick tape and stickers on paper, play with play do, LOVES TO BE OUTSIDE (would never come inside unless we carried him in crying sometimes), loves to take walks and be pushed in his little red car, loves to push cars around the house, loves to run around the house, and look at books and more and more....

As for James and I (yes, I suppose there is more to our lives except Jonah) are really enjoying our office space and cruising along on projects at work. We are very busy and that is exactly what we want!

Well, I am now officially tired, but wanted to take a moment before I let more time go to check in with family and friends to share a little taste with you of our sweet Jonah.

Love Joelle and family


No comments: