Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Baby Boy on the Go!

I am so happy that we have this blog, because it forces me to slow down in the midst of the day to day to reflect on the time that has passed. Jonah has taught us so many wonderful things, but truly my favorite has been the reminder to be in the moment, which is why I have been terrible about blogging this month.

Ever since he started crawling life seems to be at a faster pace. With the crawling has also come the fascination of standing up in his crib, as well on other things (and sometimes during the middle of the night)-my sister in law swears this novelty wears off-I can only imagine how hard it is to shut off that shift in your head when you learn a new trick. I have a hard time slowing down my mind when I am going to bed, so it totally makes sense that his sleep patterns have been all over the place in the last two weeks. And to top it off, he is teething! And this round of teeth are definitely causing him the most discomfort, in comparison to his other ones.

But, thankfully we have the support of family and friends to keep us sane after some rough nights. Even in some of the more challenging nights-we shared some really special moments with Jonah. Merely, I could recognize how precious it was to have him fall asleep on me, because these moments will soon disappear. I try to live in appreciation even when I am tired.

We made a trip out to see Mike and Danelle in Sequim-and shared the weekend there with Ben, Heather and Jack. It was the sweetest thing to hear Jack, saying "where are you junah?" "junah". We have continued the Music Together series, but this time we are taking the class with Jack. Heather says that when she puts on the Music Together cd, he says "junah".

We also spent a wonderful Easter with my parents, James' mom and his sister, Jay and the girls. It was really precious to see Victoria and Sasha with Jonah. In the album pictures posted you will catch a glimpse of the precious moments they shared when playing with each other.

At Jonah's 9 month appt. he weighed in at 21.14 lbs which put him in the 75% and a little over 29 inches put him in the 75% for height as well. He also has learned to say bye bye-and is clapping. He loves peekaboo-music-dancing-and bouncing up and down while his daddy plays the guitar for him. I posted a video of the two rocking out!

For my sister's sake I will be better about posting videos and pictures. Laura made a special trip out to see Jonah-just so she would not miss out on his crawling.

xoxo,

the j's
Posted by Picasa

No comments: